1. In these Terms and Conditions “CPW” shall mean Cambridge Protein Works Ltd, 35, Queens Close, Harston, Cambridge, England, CB22 7QW.
2. The Terms and Conditions set out below shall apply to CPW branded products and services, and to products distributed by CPW on behalf of other suppliers.
3. CPW shall be entitled to amend at any time in its absolute discretion the terms and conditions by posting them on its website in amended form with a note of the date when such amendments shall take effect. Your continued use of the website after the date any amendments shall take effect shall be construed as your acceptance to such amendments.
4. All orders are subject to availability.
5. Prices of products do not include freight and packing, VAT or import duties where these are applicable.
6. Price and other information provided is subject to change without notice, and prices may be changed up to the time of delivery.
7. While every effort is made to keep information provided by CPW up to date, CPW will not be liable to you or anyone else if errors should occur in information provided on this website.
8. The following information is required to process an order:
A Purchase Order Number;
Name and email address of the purchasing officer – so that we can confirm details of the order;
Name, phone number and email address of the researcher – in case of query;
9. When your order is received, CPW will confirm receipt. However, formal acceptance of the order will only take place when the goods are dispatched. If prices should be changed between the time of receipt of an order and dispatch, CPW will contact you in advance.
10. Invoices should be paid no later than 30 days after the invoice date, and customers must themselves pay any bank charges that are incurred in making the payment. Full payment instructions are set out on the invoice.
11. At any time and without notice, past due amounts under any invoice may be offset by CPW against overpayments, credits or any other amounts due to the customer from CPW.
RECEIPT OF PRODUCTS
12. Packaging and products should be inspected immediately upon receipt.
13. Notification of damage, shortages or defects should be given immediately by e-mail to CPW.
14. Risk in the products passes on dispatch. Property in the products does not pass until the product has been paid for in cleared funds.
RETURN & REPLACEMENT POLICY
15. Quality is important to CPW. Therefore if a product does not perform as described on the datasheet please notify us within 12 months of delivery and our dedicated team of scientific experts will examine details of your protocol to determine whether the problem is protocol related or product related:
For protocol-related problems, our experts will give you independent professional advice.
For product-related problems, a replacement or refund will be offered.
16. If you do not provide details of your protocol or follow the recommendations of our experts, CPW will unfortunately be unable to issue a replacement or refund.
17. This offer is only valid for products purchased directly from CPW and its authorised distributors.
18. If items are ordered incorrectly by the customer CPW will consider taking them back, however this excludes products which have special shipping requirements including those shipped on dry ice and those hazardous for transport. This will be subject to a 20% restocking charge on the items plus any shipping, handling and packaging costs.
19. In the unlikely event of receiving an incorrect item, please store as indicated on the datasheet and please contact CPW in the first instance and do not attempt to return the item yourself. CPW will then get back to you as soon as possible to ensure you receive the correct item and arrange for return of the incorrect item.
20. All requests for returns must have prior authorisation and must be shipped back to CPW within 7 working days of receipt of the items. Items must be returned in the same or equivalent packaging (i.e. cold and insulated) as originally dispatched by CPW.
PRODUCT USE LIMITATIONS
21. All CPW products are “FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC, THERAPEUTIC OR ANY IN VIVO USE”.
22. CPW will not be liable for any professional advice it may offer in relation to the use of the products nor any claims or applications not listed in the literature or the misuse of products which will include using the products for diagnostic, therapeutic or in vivo use in human subjects.
23. CPW cannot provide a guarantee for all applications for which a specific reagent may be used.
24. Information disclosed in CPW product literature should not be considered as a recommendation to use its products in violation of any patents.
25. CPW shall not be liable for its failure to perform any of its obligations resulting from circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
26. CPW will notify its customers as soon as practically possible after it becomes aware of deficiencies in a product supplied.
27. Any claim relating to products shall be limited to replacement or refund of original purchase price paid.
28. Except for personal injury or death caused by CPW’s negligence (for which no limit applies), CPW will not be liable (under contract, by negligence or any other way) for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the products or this Agreement and CPW’s total aggregate liability for any loss or damage in respect of the products or this Agreement will not exceed the amount paid for the products under this order.
29. Except for the express warranties set out in these terms, all other warranties express or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the extent permissible by law.
30. CPW complies with all applicable UK and US export laws and restrictions and is therefore unable to accept orders from certain countries.
31. Contracts and agreements with CPW shall in all respects be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
32. All users of the CPW website are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Condition in their entirety.
33. Nothing in these terms is intended to provide any rights to third parties to enforce any term.